You don't get to choose you just fall. The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of every

Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Swede

The Swede (Denver Rebels Book 2)The Swede by Maureen Smith

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


AHHHH The Swede... Le sigh


This is my second book by Ms. Maureen. In this book is Scarlet and Viggos story! She's an aspiring singer/drummer and he's a super star Hockey player. This like her other book to this new series was a good ol' classic read. It gave me those old gooey feels I had when I used to read books like this, before the time of the dark reads that has now entered my soul and corrupted me lol! You just gotta come back to that vanilla smut every now and then. this book was smoking hot there was of course that insta connection thing going on again but because of their busy schedules they were forced to do the long distance thing for a bit, which allowed them to get to know each other a little longer before you know they did the do. ;)

I truly enjoyed reading Viggo and Scarlet's story it actually caught me by surprise. all though I do wish she would steer clear of the whole trust issue thing it was too much like her other book. Give me another reason for them to have the predictable break up to make up routine. anything worth having is worth fighting for. Why go into a relationship expecting to get hurt? That's so cliche, that was my only complaint about the book Oh and the damn puck bunnies I'm so over them lol.

Other than that Ms Maureen's books are breath of fresh air good for weekend or vacationing type reading. Its like reading that told the classic style of reading in the 90's we use to goo goo gaga for. Where the H/H meet, have Insta connection and insta love at first sight. You know that old story line that now is predictable you know what's going to happen in each chapter you start by the name of the headline of said chapter. With that being said I recommend this book its a great storyline that kept me entertained and gave me all the feels and had me in my emotions. This was a cotton candy sweet steamy romance that I absolutely adored. I can't wait to read the next book to this series.
Happy Reading Here's My book cover art

 




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment