You don't get to choose you just fall. The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of every

Friday, December 15, 2017

The Doomsday Papers

The Doomsday PapersThe Doomsday Papers by JanJan Untamed
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I need a minute to regroup!

review to come!

Some days later.....
When you cant predict the story line

Seriously this had me all up and around the corner in my feelings. I ended this story with a heavy heart. ooohhhhh the emotional ache I feel. I feel like I've been beaten down chil I'm just worn the heck out!

After reading one of her books you gotta go read something light and quick to get your mind right before you catch yourself thinking about these characters like they belong to you and suddenly find yourself washing dishes talking out loud to yourself about scenes in the book... yep I did that.
This was a tough one to read but I was so intrigued with this, didn't like some of what happen like the whole polygamy thing I cant imagine sharing my man girl Id kill a... Oh! I just remembered this one part where Dumani goes after one of the..... Ahhhh you gotta read don't want to spoil it for you man almost couldn't stop myself lol. The Author knows how to captivate you like a damn sparkling vampire. I could not look away and I wanted more.
This story centers around a cult type life with polygamy being the heart of it. Buuut then there is also a apocalyptic thing going on annnnnd lawd yes there's more a paranormal thing too.. Once again Ms. Jan Jan threw everything at me all at once with no time to breathe. My heart broke a million times for the Heroine Dumani she was strong woman also the Hero Judea he was in a tough position with the church even though I wanted to kill him in the middle of the book I understood his positions and oh he made my heart strings go nuts with his crazy in love for Dumani

Fav qoute “Don’t listen to those heathens.  What do they matter?  They don’t know us.  Look at them.  They’re lazy and worthless.  They don’t compare to you in any way, Dumani.  Stop walking with your head down.  I don’t care who is in the fucking room.  You look up and if you don’t know where to look after that, you look to me.  You are my wife.  Those bitches are sunburned and bitter.  They’re jealous of you.”
“Why would they be jealous of me?”
My hand reaches up and brushes my scar.  Jude shakes his head sadly.
“You are everything a man needs in a woman.”


This story takes you on a journey, a looooooong journey Dumani goes through it I tell you and grows as well She not only gets to have love she gets to grow in love. Don't get me started on the third Man she meets. This story... it rips through your chest throws your heart on the floor but it's puts it back again and I loved every minute of it. I love her writing style I cant imagine not liking anything she writes.

Here's my couple Happy reading friends

 

reading playlist.
Wide Eyed by Billy Lockett
Where's My Love by Syml
Voodoo by Ashanti

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment